Harassment Policy Statment
All <Company> employees have a right to work in an environment free from
all forms of discrimination and conduct which can be considered harassing, coercive,
or disruptive. All employees should, therefore, be aware of the following:
- Harassment of any sort, including but not limited to sexual harassment
or harassment based on other protected characteristics such as age, race,
creed or disability, is strictly prohibited.
- Harassment on the basis of any other protected characteristic is also strictly
prohibited. Harassing conduct includes, but is not limited to: epithets, slurs,
or negative stereotyping; threatening, intimidating, or hostile acts; and
written graphic material that denigrates or shows hostility or aversion toward
an individual or group and that is placed on walls or elsewhere on the employer's
premises or circulated in the workplace.
- Managers are responsible for assuring that no employee is subjected to
conduct that constitutes sexual or any other form of harassment.
- Any individual found to have engaged in sexual or any form of harassment
will be disciplined as appropriate, up to and including discharge.
- Any employee who believes that he or she has been the subject of sexual
or any other form of harassment by anyone at <Company>, including by
not limited to, employees, officers, directors, or by any person who does
business with <Company>, including by not limited to, vendors, customers
and visitors should, and is encouraged to, bring the matter to the attention
of his/her manager or the Operations Department.
- A prompt and thorough investigation of the alleged incident will be conducted
to the extent possible, and appropriate corrective action will be taken if
warranted. To the extent consistent with adequate investigation and appropriate
corrective action, any complaints of harassment will be treated as confidential.
- <Company> will not in any way retaliate against any employee, potential
employee, or former employee who, in good faith, makes a complaint or report
of harassment or participates in the investigation of such a complaint or
report. Retaliation against any individual for in good faith reporting a claim
of harassment or cooperating in the investigation of same will not be tolerated
and will itself be subject to appropriate discipline.
<Company> will take all appropriate steps to enforce this policy.