Start with description of position and goals of <Company>.
- Why did you choose to interview with <Company>?
- What would your co-workers say is your biggest asset to a sales position
be? To technical support position?
- What have you done in the last 12 months to learn what you want to learn?
- How have you invested yourself besides your normal work?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- Does everything you do have to be for a payback? - please provide examples.
- If there were any one thing that you could do-without limitations, what
would it be?
- Give me an example of why someone would consider you to be an expert in
… and what steps did you take to get to be the expert?
- What gives you your "drive"?
- What would you say is your strongest skill ________________? Can you give
a specific example of why you think this is true or can you qualify this statement?
- What ideas have you sold to management? What happened?
- Give me an example of something you recommended that was not adopted? Why?
What could you have done differently?
- What ways have you found to make your job easier or more interesting?
- Give me an example of a project you were responsible for starting. What
did you do? How did it work?
- How much information do you need to get startyed on a new project or assignment?
- What has made you feel excited about coming to work? When have you felt
down or unfulfilled by a job?
- In all your jobs, which gave you the most meaningful experiences?
- What do you need from an organization to feel motivated?
- Why did you choose this profession? What rewards does it give you? Why do
- What do you feel a manager should do to motivate others? Why does it sometimes
- Please describe how you set and measure your work goals. (measurable and
- When do you feel it is necessary to work overtime? Examples from recent
- What would your last supervisor or manager say about your attendance or
punctuality? How many times would he/she say you were absent or late this
year? Would your manager tell me you were dependable?
Creativity and innovation:
- Which have you prefered to work with -a set, planned day or a day you create
for yourself? Why?
- Please tell me a great idea you have seen in your field recentely. Why was
- If you could change one thing that is ineffective at your current job, what
would it be? (be energized when describing it-exciting for them)
- How do you go about setting priorities for your time?
- What kind of problems do you feel you are uniquely qualified to solve?
- What has been a stubborn or recurring problem which you would have liked
to solve in your current job but haven't yer? (tenacity or blame)
- What process do you follow in solving problems?
- What are you looking for in this job that you haven't had before? What
would make you want to stay in a job?
- Describe the ideal work day for your-how would you spend your time?
- In what areas would you like to develop further? How do you see this job
allowing you to develop in those ways?
Abiltity to learn
- If you could aquire one skill or bit of job knowledge, what would it be?
What do you need to acquire it?
- What's the fastest you have learned something new for a job? What did you
do to learn on company time? On your own?
- If we hired you, What could we count on you for without fail?
- How do you know you're doing a good job?
- What is an example of something you've done that showed your most excellent
- What were your three most impressibe tangible contributions to your company?
Attention to detail
- Would you rather fromulate a plan or carry it out? Why? Give me an example
of a plan you have implemented?
- In your last job, if something wasn't due for several weeks, when and how
did you approach getting it done?
- Where do you wast most of your time?
- What did you do the day before yesterday?
- How do you decide what you should work on next?